CPA FIRM SUPPORT SERVICES
ENTRY-LEVEL SKILLS TRAINING
To provide participants with a broad range of foundational practice skills that will equip them to function on engagements with a minimum amount of on-the-job training and supervision. To enable participants to make decisions and perform entry-level work with the optimum blend of quality and efficiency. To equip participants for success in the CPA profession.
ABOUT THE SEMINAR
This seminar is designed to emphasize participants' principal practice needs at the entry-level position. Building on college learning, participants will use seminar materials to research and apply the principles of learning to real-life engagement responsibilities normally encountered during their first year of experience. They will learn about the structure and operation of CPA firms and the opportunities they have to fulfill their life objectives. Participants will share their findings with others, complete practical case studies and role-plays and plan for application of the learning to their work.
- Acquiring and using good ethics
- Understanding and benefiting from quality control procedures
- Developing problem-solving approaches and skills
- Planning engagement tasks to achieve high levels of both quality and efficiency
- Understanding and Flowcharting Internal Control
- Performing and Documenting Analytical Procedures
- Assessing engagement risks
- Preparing engagement documentation effectively and efficiently
- Practical approaches to accounting and tax services
- Understanding the engagement review process
- Learning how to develop leading-edge computer skills
- Preparing on-the-job written communications
- Improving business and sales skills
- Planning for personal and professional growth
- Balancing personal and work demands
- Serving supervisors more effectively
This seminar is designed for staff personnel during their first nine months of public accounting experience.
Three days. Small groups will perform research, and solve case-study problems, answer discussion questions, design presentations to share learning with one another and develop plans for applying learning to upcoming engagements.